World Harmonica Festival 2013, Trossingen, Germany
The Hong Kong Harmonica Association ("HKHA") has organized the largest ever delegation to the quadrennial World Harmonica Festival to be held from 30 October to 3 November 2013 in Trossingen, Germany. The 95 delegation members will participate in various festival activities, including:
1. The 70-player Hong Kong Harmonica Association Orchestra under the baton of Johnny Kuan will present a concert at 3pm of 2 November at Martin Luther Church. The concert programme consists of both European and Oriental folk tunes as well as original compositions of the 2 resident composers of HKHA, Mr. Hui Cheung Wai and Dr. Mui Kwong Chiu. Mr. Hui will be conducting his works, with a highlight of the world premiere of "Orientalische Stimmung" (Oriental Mood) featuring King's Harmonica Quintet as soloists. We are pleased that a few Chinese musical instrument players join the performance, offering a unique listening experience for the Western audience.
2. Leo Ho Cheuk Yin will perform in the "Young Chromatic Talents" concert on 31 October and host a workshop together with 2 other young chromatic talents on 1 November.
3. Around 70 entries in 10 categories of the competition
4. 6 seasoned members will be judging in various competition categories
5. Tour of Hohner Harmonica Factory
6. Tour of Hohner Harmonica Museum
We are grateful for the support from the Composers and Authors Society of Hong Kong towards the commissioned work and partial funding from the Arts Development Fund of the Home Affairs Bureau of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government ("HKSARG").
We are delighted to have Mr Ivan Lee, Director of the Berlin Economic and Trade Office of HKSARG joining the Concert in Martin Luther Church as well as the Closing Ceremony at the Hohner Concert Hall on 3 November.
We thank also Champion Systems for sponsoring the full set of polo shirt as well as the wind jacket as our uniform which we find way to demonstrate our team spirit.